Category: <span>Disappeared</span>

CIBI

On August 11, 1921, the law was passed imposing military duties on priests. They would receive training from a military stretcher-patient nurse in a specially reserved training center: the Centre d’Instruction Brancardier Infirmier, CIBI for short. On December 1, 1921, the first 88 recruits, called Cibists (or conscripted clergy), arrived…

Drinking place for Horses

The rectangular drinking place was located east of the feed warehouses, on the corner of Stadenberghlaan and Merkemlaan opposite the most westerly officer’s mess. The basin was 60m by 30m. A complete squadron could simultaneously let the horses drink. The water was pumped into large containers around the basin. When…

Royal Palace

The wooden palace was built from 14 until 22 July 1835. Captain Lery was both the architect and the builder. It was given a central place on the eastern side of the Royal Park. It consisted of only one floor. Along the four sides a porch, a sort of roundabout…