Category: <span>Beverlo Camp</span>

Royal Palace

The wooden palace was built from 14 until 22 July 1835. Captain Lery was both the architect and the builder. It was given a central place on the eastern side of the Royal Park. It consisted of only one floor. Along the four sides a porch, a sort of roundabout…

Chapel Saint-Anna

In 1923 a monastery and chapel were added to the military hospital. In the monastery, that now, among other things, shelters the museum of the ‘Eerste Jagers te Paard’, the nurses who were engaged in the hospital were living.The chapel received the name of Saint-Anna, because this saint was mostly…

Old Military Hospital

The military hospital finds it origin in the first non-permanent ambulant Camp in 1835. It was completely erected in wood. In that same year Camp Beverlo got created and together with the arrival of the military, health problems occurred. Since 1839 the definite extension of the military hospital found place….

Gaillon momument

The Gaillon monument was erected after the First World War. It remembers the transfer of the infantry-school from Camp Beverlo to Gaillon in France. The monument has a copper plaque, on which following text is written in both vernacular languages :‘On 5-1-1915 a school was raised in Gaillon (France) for…

Street names

A number of streets were named after royalty, soldiers or places where the Belgian army fought. This list is certainly not yet complete. Some streets may also belong to Leopoldsburg, but because of the fact that they are located on a military domain and the signs are different from those…